MP Biomedicals FastPrep-24 Classic with 24 Place Sample Holder
The FastPrep-24 is a versatile sample disruption instrument designed to quickly and efficiently homogenize, grind, or lyse biological samples. A completely self-contained system, the FastPrep eliminates the risk of cross-contamination and time-consuming clean-up associated with manual lysis methods. Samples are added to individual lysing matrix tubes and placed into sample holder adapters within the instrument. The unique, optimized motion of the FastPrep-24 shakes the samples in a tridimensional motion resulting in the collision of the sample material with the lysing matrix particles. The instrument is suitable for all sample types including: highly contagious samples, yeast, fungi, DNA and RNA.
This instrument is in very nice condition and comes with a 24-place sample holder. It is also offered at about half the cost of a new comparable and comes with a 60-day warranty.
- Simultaneous homogenization of 24 samples within 40 seconds
- Capable of lysing difficult and resistant samples
- Lyses tissues and cells thoroughly and quickly allowing easy and reproducible isolation of stable RNA, active proteins and full length genomic DNA
- Ergonomic design ensures easy loading of the sample tubes that remain securely sealed while processing
- Dimensions (mm): 465 H; Oval base 437 x 332
- Sample volume: 200 uL up to 50 mL (depending on sample holder)
- Electrical: 90-250 Volts; 50/60 Hz
- Manufacturer: MP Biomedicals