Fluke Model 481 Ion Chamber / Survey Meter
The Fluke Model 481 radiation survey meter and ion chamber is an easy-to-use, handheld radiation detection device. It measures radiation rate and accumulated dose from beta, gamma, and x-ray radiation sources on irradiated goods, equipment, surfaces, or environments in industrial settings.
The meter can be used everywhere from the receiving dock to warehouse to the shop floor, for scanning vehicles, packages, or even individuals. It works at a safe distance, before the user comes into close proximity and encounters unsafe radiation levels, delivering exact information about the extent of contamination allowing you to set up safe perimeters. The programmable flashing LCD and audible alarm notifies the operator of unsafe or out-of-limit conditions, and the intuitive two-button interface makes set up and operation simple—allowing new users to perform surveys with little training.
This instrument is in excellent condition and is priced at thousands less than a new model.
- Food processing and packaging screening
- Transportation goods screening
- Government and state inspection agencies
- Emergency response and hazmat teams
- Nuclear medicine and other nuclear (isotope) applications.
- Detects skin-dose (beta particle) and deep-dose (gamma) and x-ray radiation
- Requires no adjustments; simple two button operation
- Delivers quickly read/correct value through auto ranging capability
- Automated backlight allows easy visibility inside truck trailers and low-light conditions
- Rugged sealed case for indoor or outdoor use
- 30% more accurate than other meters
- Delivers more than one week of continuous operation from two 9-volt alkaline batteries
- Proven in use by state and local governmental emergency response professionals, state inspectors, hazmat teams, and nuclear power workers
- Measures both dose and dose-rate parameters
- Useful for contamination detection, general radiation area surveys, radiation level monitoring, and hazardous materials assessment
- Auto-zeroing and auto-ranging
- Range: 0 to 5 mR/h (8 sec); 0 to 50 mR/h (2.5 sec); 0 to 500 mR/h (2 sec); 0 to 5 R/h (2 sec); 0 to 50 R/h (2 sec)
- Accuracy: ±10% of reading (10 to 100% full-scale)
- Radiation Detected: Beta, gamma
- Display: 2.5-digit LCD and 100-segment bar graph
- Battery Life: 4 hours continuous use per battery pack (assumes 50% brightness of LCD)
- Battery: Two 9 V
- Dimensions: 8” deep x 4” wide x 6” high